My GTD System
GTD, for Getting Things Done, a time management technique, has made a big impact on the geek community. As for me, serious usage of this technique only began today.
I spent almost 12-15 hrs setting up my system. I have made certain additions to the system, most notably, goal lists. Most of my system is based around the Moleskine notebook and index cards. I'll launch off into a description of my system.This post as such is intended for someone who already knows GTD.
I use my Moleskine Pocket Plain Notebook(PP) as my main inbox. I've slapped a bunch of Post-its at the back and all my reminder style stuff go there. Any receipts pieces of paper and other 'hard' things go into the Accordian. I also have reserved an area of my desk as my physical inbox(which I must upgrade to a proper inbox). All my Action lists are on index cards. I've made @study, @move, @comp, Agendas, Waiting For, and Someday/Maybe lists and all of them are in my Moleskine, kept in a convenient triangular 'pocket' I made at the front and back. Less used lists are in the Accordian.
My project lists are a bunch of 3x3 post-its in my Moleskine. Each post-its defines the Outcomes and Purpose of each project. For my calender, I use a simple calender I got from my local stationary store.
So I don't write anything in my Moleskine? Well I do write my higher goal lists(quarterly, annual, mission statements and core values). It also functions as a sort of mobile journal. It also has a bunch of other stuff like quotes, gtd flow diagrams, daily logs and lettering charts.
Well, that's my GTD system summarised. I hope I haven't missed anything. I actually haven't gotten much time to use much GTD. I will be doing a lot of stuff in the coming week, so let's see what happens. As for today, I bumped into an old friend and spent almost all my free time talking to him.
I spent almost 12-15 hrs setting up my system. I have made certain additions to the system, most notably, goal lists. Most of my system is based around the Moleskine notebook and index cards. I'll launch off into a description of my system.This post as such is intended for someone who already knows GTD.
I use my Moleskine Pocket Plain Notebook(PP) as my main inbox. I've slapped a bunch of Post-its at the back and all my reminder style stuff go there. Any receipts pieces of paper and other 'hard' things go into the Accordian. I also have reserved an area of my desk as my physical inbox(which I must upgrade to a proper inbox). All my Action lists are on index cards. I've made @study, @move, @comp, Agendas, Waiting For, and Someday/Maybe lists and all of them are in my Moleskine, kept in a convenient triangular 'pocket' I made at the front and back. Less used lists are in the Accordian.
My project lists are a bunch of 3x3 post-its in my Moleskine. Each post-its defines the Outcomes and Purpose of each project. For my calender, I use a simple calender I got from my local stationary store.
So I don't write anything in my Moleskine? Well I do write my higher goal lists(quarterly, annual, mission statements and core values). It also functions as a sort of mobile journal. It also has a bunch of other stuff like quotes, gtd flow diagrams, daily logs and lettering charts.
Well, that's my GTD system summarised. I hope I haven't missed anything. I actually haven't gotten much time to use much GTD. I will be doing a lot of stuff in the coming week, so let's see what happens. As for today, I bumped into an old friend and spent almost all my free time talking to him.
2 drops:
Sounds great, Jetru. Good luck!
Thank's Matt.
Post a Comment