Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rising Tied

This is my first serious shot at writing a poem(song, whatever). I got the idea from the hip-hop song "Petrified" from Mike Shinoda's side project The Rising Tied. I liked the rhyme in the song. This has nothing to do with them. It's all my own stuff.
Go!

Rising Tied

I'm rising tied,
As I rose, I vied;
Through the mist,
With a fist,
'N nothing in me!

The nothingness,
The foolishness,
The emptyness,
Acrimoniousness.

I'm rising tied,
As I rose, I cried;
No tears, no dears,
Sweat in my ear,
And even more fear!

No chance, no oppurtunity,
Time not in scarcity.
Future in front of me,
I want to get of me!

I'm rising tied,
So hard, I tried.
I wanna survive,
Let the bastards die!

I'm rising tied,
With the rising tide.
I'm being tided by time,
D'ya like my rhyme?

I'll break the bond,
I won't despond,
And I will survive,
In this world so wide.
Never to fall.
Yes! I've heard my call!

5 drops:

Neha Sinha said...

great work!

I wonder everytime i sit back to write a poem..I've never been able to think beyond cricket :P

I remeber two years back I wrote one[not on cricket] which ended up like this :-

if you are strong from heart and soul.
none can stop u to reach ur goal.

msg conveyed..good luck for the upcoming exams.

Layfield said...

Here's a lil part of the song "Higher Ground"

No one can ever bring me down,
Till I reach the highest ground.

You could write poems on cricket:
Sachin batted like hell,
And yes! The Pakistanis fell!

(I don't follow cricket, but I heard he got booes from the crowd. I wonder if he had boos(z)ed?)

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

good poetry
u shud write more
and tap that hidden? talent

Layfield said...

Thanks guys! I had such fun writing that poem. Before this I thought that poems were a pile of crap. But they're so fun!

Praveena said...

hate to break it to you, but it sucks.